by Tom Tognoli, President & CEO, Intero Real Estate Services
I finally found it…the magic pill for adding years and perhaps decades to our lives. The magic formula which will increase our quality of life forever. Are you interested in knowing what it is?
- With just these few small changes and spending 1 hour a day doing it, you will significantly increase your quality or life. Will you do it?
- With just these few small changes and spending 1 hour a day doing it, you will extend your life by years…perhaps decades. Will you do it?
- With just these few small changes and spending just 60 minutes a day doing it, you will get to spend years or perhaps decades more with those you love…your spouse, your kids, your grandkids. Will you do it?
- With just these few small changes and spending just 60 minutes a day doing it, you will be the example to your kids, grandchildren and all of those you love. By your example, you will positively impact the way they live their lives and help them to live better and years longer. Will you do it?
I don’t need to tell you because we all know what the magic formula is, but as simple as it is, most won’t do it. Most people won’t make some small changes and spend just 60 minutes a day to save their life and the lives of those they love. So, if we won’t make some small changes to save our own life and the lives of those we love, imagine how hard it is to make some small changes to get the other things we want in life.
Like our health, in most cases it is not that what we need to do to get what we want and increase our quality of life is this radical change, but it is usually just slightly different than what we are doing today. Unfortunately, change is like the Zika virus and most people will avoid it at all cost. Also, changing to make things better does tend to take a bit of effort, while staying the same or slipping back doesn’t….at least that is what we think.
The reality of it is staying the same or slipping back does take effort…a lot more effort. It just does not take immediate effort. It will get forced on you in the future. I guess God just wound us that way…the good things in life are a choice and bad things are a circumstance of not making a choice. I guess the fear of losing what we have or being disappointed if we fail is a stronger motivator than the joy of winning and getting what we want in life. So, most people live life by the status quo. Unfortunately, what most people don’t get until it is too late is that you can’t stand still in life. Either you are moving ahead…changing and getting better every day, or you are slipping back…but we are never staying the same.
Imagine if we would just practice what we preach to your kids, how amazing our lives would be. Could you imagine telling your kids…
- “Just stay the same…don’t go for it and try to improve”
- “Don’t take any chances or you might get disappointed…play it safe and just go with the flow”
- “Remember those that play it safe and never change always get ahead in life”
- “Eat whatever you want and don’t exercise…no big deal”
- “I know your homework is hard and you don’t want to do it…don’t worry about it”
- “Watch as much TV and play all of the computer games you want…reading, playing outside and spending time with your friends a family is over rated”
It is just hard, and in most cases almost impossible, to make those small changes, but you can do it. Just don’t put it off until tomorrow what you should have done yesterday… start today.
Oh yeah…if you don’t know what the few small changes and 1 hour a day are, it is exercising 1 hour a day, eating healthy and start taking our own advice…the advice we give our kids. Check this out…if you exercised just 1 hour a day while listening to an audio book on personal and/or professional growth and development, you would burn 182,500+/- calories and listen to 10 to 15 books on personal and/or professional growth and development every year. Think you would look different? Think your life would be better in a year if you did this?
We only have one life…there are no second chances to try it again…don’t waste it!