by Tammy Parkinson
I wrote this a year ago and the concept of how to truly “live” has come up for me again recently…a lot. I dug out this nugget and wanted to share….
Happy, Healthy 4th of July!
The other day, I heard the list below, read to me by one of my teachers. I don’t know if I was in “that” space to where it hit me hard, or it’s just a beautiful piece. Regardless, I feel compelled to share! I don’t know who wrote it, how this was researched, or even when this was researched; however I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
“Top 10 things people claim to have taken for granted when they were alive”
10) How important they were to SO many
9) How easy life was when they stopped struggling and fighting
8) That all their prayers and thoughts were heard
7) That there really were no coincidences
6) How far ripples of their kindness actually spread (*my personal favorite!)
5) What really was important…happiness, friends and love
4) That any and all of their dreams could have come true had they wanted it badly enough
3) How good looking and fun they always were if they would have just relaxes
2) How much guidance they received whenever they asked for help
1) That “life” is in everything, everywhere, especially themselves.
Enjoy! Who are you important to? What dreams do you have? Where has your kindness spread? Do you ask for help? Where do you see life?