The first week of the new year. This is truly an opportunity to renew, refresh, and recreate. I’ve heard many people talk about what’s to come in the New Year and what is possible. Think about that…”what is truly possible”? That’s pretty exciting. Of course, this is something that we can design every day of the year, however New Year’s seems to be a community effort on setting intentions.
With that theme in mind, I’d love to suggest one takes some “time out” to set intentions for different areas of one’s life. For example, I write intentions for:
- My close relationships
- Places I’d like to visit
- A huge fitness goal
- A different focus for January on my nutrition journey to learn and explore
- Doing something completely out of the box
- My business
And many more….
Writing these intentions down helps me stay grounded and focused on what’s important to me. As the year progresses, sometimes these manifestations change. Sometimes I add more, sometimes I realize what was important in January isn’t as vital in May. Still it gives me reelection and pause to always grow.
My personal ritual is I take time out over the New Years’ eve day and New Years’ day to write this out in a new beautiful journal dedicated to 2015. I also read through my journal from 2014 and reflect.
If this sounds like something which might help you grow, consider it! It’s fun and you will most likely dig a little deeper and pull out nuggets for the New Year which could potentially be life changing!
Happy Healthy New Year!
Susan’s note: I looked at Tammy’s intention categories and have set some specific intentions in some of them. Here’s my list so far:
- My close relationships – make a date with Rick at least once a week (lunch, shopping, dinner out, movie, time away from everyday with just us
- Places I’d like to visit – Hawaii. We’re definitely going to Hawaii for a week in 2015.
- A huge fitness goal – lose 12 pounds to achieve 128 pound weight, then maintain it through 2015 so that on 1/1/2016 I weigh 128.
- A different focus for January on my nutrition journey to learn and explore – follow Ricardo’s protien only diet for the month of January, leading to weight goal.
- Education- finish process to get broker license and pass the test
- Finances – pay taxes quarterly
- Doing something completely out of the box – learn to play ukulele
- My business – build property management business to 20 properties monthly
So, how about you? Want to add some of your intentions? Love to see them in the comments.